Sunday 7 September 2014

Celebrating spontaneous music with The Owl and The Pussycat



Today I am celebrating spontaneous music! 

In my own musical adventures, a lot of music I make is never heard by anyone else.  It's the experiment that happens in the front room,  the rehearsal, the playing with friends, singing in strange and normal places.

It's the music between the cracks .... there is so much juice there!  Sometimes I wonder, which is more real? The stuff that gets performed / recorded / prepared or the music between the cracks?

Here is an improvised and unprepared 'Owl and the Pussycat' by Edward Lear, recorded a couple of days ago.  Singing with kalimba accompaniment.  No reverb added to the sound or editing done.... raw and perhaps full of nuts.

I couldn't resist adding some of Lear's illustrations from Project Gutenbergs ebook -

Lear's Nonsense Drolleries


Enjoy!

Why The Owl and The Pussycat, you may ask?  Simple... it's how Andrew proposed back in 2002... 




Share:

2 comments

  1. I love those mysterious fountains and fuels of song...sounds...creations...I feel touched hearing your voice, Karen, with its timbres, range and inner awareness. Encore, encore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Olga!
      More on its way soon.....

      Delete

© PIANO ROCKETSHIP | All rights reserved.
Blogger Theme Created by pipdig